Thursday, March 15, 2012

600 ... Half the Oreo ...

That's exactly how Grandad described turning 50 ...  "I'm now half the age of the Oreo cookie".  
But ... it really doesn't matter how "he" viewed turning over another decade ... what mattered most was how his daughter looked at him turning over another decade.  Yes, in the midst of everything going on with her 'Joe, Mrs. Joe (our dear daughter) still had some good ones up her sleeve for her Daddy.  

Although it's Grandad's busy time at work, we all met for a quick birthday lunch. It was there that Mrs. Joe realized "Tag is one month old today!" ... and then she just blurted out --- 
"How many months old are you today, Dad?" 
It took all of about 3 seconds for the reply ... 
"I'm 600 months!"



I should have moved Tag's carrier to the other side of the booth so that he could be in his Grandad's birthday picture too ... maybe the next time we see our little man, he & his big sister will need a special picture with Grandad.

One thing about Grandad & me ... we've learned throughout the years that if we can't have a "celebration" on it's specific day, then we celebrate when we can ... as long as we're together, it really doesn't matter the "when". 
 So, Lucy & I got Grandad a special birthday "cookie cake" on the Sunday after his big day.
  I *think* it still had the same effect ... don't you?


 



















 We've shown him what his gifts will be, but it may take a little while to get them assembled.  I can't wait to show the finished product to everyone ... yes, I'm keeping this little secret hopefully for a short time ... Mrs. Joe had started the project, so now Lucy & Granny can hopefully get it completed soon.


So, although in piece-meal ... 


Happy 50th Birthday to my wonderful husband ... 


God truly blessed *me* 50 years ago with my greatest gift of all ...

 And I'm so thankful to have shared the past 28 birthdays with the man of my dreams ...


my husband ...

 











 

1 comment:

Theresa said...

This is so awesome! I feel the same way about my husband. Instead of kids idolizing all those movie stars who can't seem to get their partners right the first time, maybe they should look at folks like us!!