Saturday, October 20, 2012

Celebrating Generations & Relationships

Four generations





Today we had a Fall Family Celebration ... G-G and Grandpa came over for a visit.  We all love it when we can get together as a family -- 
4 generations under the same roof for a day 
... eating Mommy's white-bean chicken chili, watching football, eating Lucy's special "monster cake",
 and of course ... carving pumpkins.  
What a wonderful fall day we shared together!

We don't take our multi-generational relationship for granted.  It has taken years to develop and nurture.  It began many years even before my Mother came into this world.  We always had a close-knit family and still do.  I had a very close relationship with my Granny ... my daughter has a very close relationship with her Grandma (my Mother) ... and Lucy has a very close relationship with her Granny (me) and her G-G (my Mother).  What a legacy!  (And yes, Tag was hanging out with the men of the family after he woke up from his nap.  He enjoys hanging out with his Daddy, Grandad & Grandpa while us girls do our own thing too.)

A few things our family knows about relationships:

relationships take time ... 
relationships require sacrifice ... 
relationships lasts for lifetimes ... 

One thing that my Granny showed all of her family -- family, friends, strangers -- 

*** relationships are worth everything we put into them *** 

I am so very thankful for moments such as in this picture ... 

 memories that lasts many lifetimes
relationships placed with highest priorities
family values being passed to future generations

  I can't expect to wake up one day & all of a sudden have a close relationship if I haven't invested in the relationship up to that point.  I know that I need to be putting my all into these relationships *now* and not wait.

I wouldn't trade my relationships for anything:

I've invested my time ... 
I've made some sacrifices ... 
I benefit for my lifetime ... 

And with moments like this ...

 
Oh how blessed I am!

 

1 comment:

momto8blog said...

what a great post!!! I agree the effort is worth it! i think that is where people are mistaken..they forget relationships take work and sacrifice....but the rewards are so worth it. what a lovely photos..congrats to all of you!