Sunday, June 20, 2010

Breaking Tradition...Happy Father's Day, Honey!


June 1986 was the first Father's Day card I bought for my husband. Our daughter was 4 months old, and I was so excited to pick him out the perfect cards -- one from baby-girl to her Daddy and one from a loving wife to her husband. That year the tradition began and lasted ....... well, until this year.

I felt the somewhat uncontrollable urge at Wal Mart or Target to grab a card for my wonderful husband.
I know that it's 'just a card' that really doesn't even come close to expressing my respect, thankfulness and love for the Daddy of my grown daughter and Granddad of little Lucy. 
But still ... it's been tradition for the past 24 years! 
Okay, it's time for me to get over it. Either go out and buy a card or continue this blog post.

Well, here's a few reasons why words just cannot describe how thankful 
I am for my husband, my daughter's Daddy, my granddaughter's Granddad:

Proud new Daddy ....

                                                     
  Always having a great time together!


Time sure flew by fast.


The proud Granddad!


The bond is strong between Lucy and her Granddad.








                                                                                                            




Then and now ... 
Happy Father's Day, Honey ~~~ I love you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww... very sweet.

Mrs. G.I. Joe said...

Happy Father's Day, Daddy!

I know we're breaking a lot of traditions today but I know you all will have so much fun celebrating with Lucy!

We love you!