Friday, June 20, 2014

"Flashback" that Shaped Him Today

Normally I don't do pictures of the "flashback Friday" nor "transformation Tuesday" 
(although I have done a few "throwback Thursday" pics) ...

However, this picture has been on my mind lately.  It's the last one of Dan and his step-grandfather "Pappaw Bill". 
It was taken the end of July 1994 ... 
and God called Pappaw Bill to glory that fall.  



Pappaw Bill was the first grandfather I knew ... both of my grandfathers had passed away before I was born.  So when Dan & I were dating, Bill became my Pappaw Bill as well.  

Although he was "step"grandfather, there was nothing "step" about him -- his relationship to Dan was that of grandpa to grandson.  
And so Pappaw Bill was a special man to all of us.  

And this picture of Dan's bloodline grandfather playing with Dan even before I was born ... Dan was 2 years old ... 


I am so very thankful for Dan's grandfathers (although I only knew Pappaw Bill) ... each of these men showed my husband what it means to be a "grand".  Even this little boy of 2 years old knew that his grandfather thought so much of him that the older took his time to get on the floor and play. 

Dan is definitely a hands-on Grandad ... he knows how crucial it is for a child to know that their grandfather thinks enough of them to get down to their level.  

The impact of the "grand" relationship ...

it is time-consuming
it is deliberate
it is priceless

And sometimes -- many times -- these "flashbacks" bring us to where we are today...





and it is simply

grand














Flashbacks truly can shape us into who we are today ...

because life is simply grand

 


No comments: