Friday, July 31, 2015

Project (after) Project (after) Project ...

I cannot believe how fast this summer is flying by.  It seems that all we've been doing is {much needed} projects.  But, Dan & I are really feeling good about the way things around our house are coming together. 
 
I finished painting our kitchen/dining room area (that included our "chocolate" wall as Lucy & Tag call it)... and then it was on to our sunroom.  We were pretty tired of the cream-colored walls, so we went pretty drastic with the color.  And we learned something new too... you can actually tint primer -- most people already know this, but since it's been years since we've gone with a darker color, we hadn't a clue!  It sure would have saved several extra coats of paint had we known.  But, now we know!
  



Kitchen/Dining --
Bronze Amulet {Chocolate} ...
Wild Porcini
 
Sunroom --
Bold Sangria

 And then our next project that we've had for a few months on the back-burner... Dan worked from home last Friday so that we could {finally} install our backsplash!



 
We had gotten the tiles a few months ago during tax season, but just could not get a full day to install them until a week ago.


And we're very pleased with our
12 hour project!



Tomorrow marks the end of Lucy's summer dance class.  The big Summer Showcase!  This fall she will most likely be with us a couple more days a week since she received a "by invitation only" spot in a new pre-intensive class that will be 2 days a week
(Mondays & Wednesdays) ... so, I'm looking at the last couple of areas that need painting -- living room and hall/staircase.  Not sure what colors yet ...
 
but since I'll have a few days next week to myself ......
 

 
Have a blessed weekend!
 
{{This weekend we also have to load-up my laptop & send it off for repairs that will take a couple of weeks.  Sure hope I can hop on Dan's home office one to check in with my blogging friends!}} 
 

2 comments:

Doris said...

You have been busy! I don't paint, Hubby does :) We want to paint our bathroom. I bought a new shower curtain, not to pick a color for the walls....it's SO hard!! I know I want a pale blue but each little sample looks too green or gray .....sigh. Hope we can figure it out soon!
Have a great weekend, my friend!

Theresa said...

Everything is looking fresh and pretty! Love the back splash:) Enjoy your weekend dear friend, HUGS!