Thursday, February 12, 2015

2015 ... Where Grace Abounds

And so we are six weeks into our year of 2015.  I can say that our family has seen the
mountain top and we've seen the valley. 
We've rejoiced ... we've prayed ... we've cried ... we've celebrated.
But one thing has been the life-line of hope that I can honestly say that I have felt through it all ...
 
grace
 
God's grace has been the very breath I have breathed in every moment of 2015 ...  

There are positive changes occurring at Dan's office & we just simply thank God for His hand on Dan's career and provision for our family. Dan has always put God first even in his business profession ... and God has certainly blessed my husband & our family values.

 
 
And then ... early January found my family praying hard and diligently for my cousin whom we learned was beyond the level of sickness that anyone had imagined.  And so, we prayed ... and we cried ... and we prayed ... and then we gathered to say our earthly goodbyes to him in our hometown.  During our drive "back home", I simply prayed for grace ...
this was perhaps one of the hardest funerals I have been through.  He was the first of my generation that we said goodbye to ... and for my sweet aunt & uncle who laid their child to rest ... and his sister & nephew ... and for aunts & uncles & cousins ...
it was (and still is) simply hard ...
but for grace
 
 
 
 
 
And then ... we celebrated.  It is so unbelievable how fast time goes by with grandchildren. 
Our little guy turned THREE!  Where has the time gone? 
His whole existence has been centered around grace ...

 
 

 
 
 
 
 
he's the baby who was formed soon after their miscarriage
he's the baby who was a mere 11 days old when their Daddy was wounded in action
he's the baby who brings a completeness to our family
 




 

Grace ...
simply grace ...

no matter the circumstances
no matter the journey
no matter what happens

it's simply by God's grace that we draw our next breath
 
 
So, as we go through our every moments of 2015 ...
let's be ever-so mindful and ever-so longing for His amazing grace

Grace that rejoices with us on the mountaintops
Grace that leads us while we travel through the valleys
Grace that is simply our next breath


My childhood home-church ...
where the hurting is taken care of through
His grace
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Doris said...

Life is so full of mountain tops and valleys. Thank God for his grace! Your Tag is so adorable...so easy to see why he is Joy to you!
Losing a loved one is so hard. It was so hard to say goodby to my parents. But they were both sick and Heaven was where they got their healing. My oldest sister died in her sleep....not ill. That one was hard to come to terms with. It seemed she was still so needed here on earth. By God's amazing grace we live and go and do what He's called us to!
Blessings to you today, my friend!