Thursday, January 13, 2011

Prayers Needed ...

This New Year of 2011 has met me on my knees since I woke up 
January 1st.  
My original "New Year" post has been written & rewritten ... in my head. 
But when it comes to putting it on paper or on my laptop screen --- well, that's a different story. 

But right now, friends, there's a young mother in a hospital who is fighting for her life.  You can follow her blog(her husband & family have been posting updates) at The Simple Wife.  Joanne suffered a major stroke yesterday morning (January 11), and has been through surgery to relieve the pressure on her brain.  Her family waits for her to wake up.  You can also followher husband on Twitter for regular updates. 

On New Year's morning, I awoke to find private messages in my Facebook inbox. All with the same devastating news regarding my hometown high school coach/guidance counselor/mentor --- his life came to a tragic end in his home on New Year's Eve.  His daughter is a childhood friend of mine who found me on Facebook awhile back.  
She continues her battle from breast cancer that has spread ... 

Baby Brody continues his uphill battle from entering our world three months premature ... 

Friends battling terminal illness ...

   Loss of loved ones ...

But One True God whose Grace abounds to hold us in His loving arms.  
We may not understand the ways of God, but we can trust Him.  


Psalm 27
Of David.
1The LORD is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?
2When evil men advance against me
to devour my flesh,a
when my enemies and my foes attack me,
they will stumble and fall.
3Though an army besiege me,
my heart will not fear;
though war break out against me,
even then will I be confident.
4One thing I ask of the LORD,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD
and to seek him in his temple.
5For in the day of trouble
he will keep me safe in his dwelling;
he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle
and set me high upon a rock.
6Then my head will be exalted
above the enemies who surround me;
at his tabernacle will I sacrifice with shouts of joy;
I will sing and make music to the LORD.
7Hear my voice when I call, O LORD;
be merciful to me and answer me.
8My heart says of you, “Seek hisb face!”
Your face, LORD, I will seek.
9Do not hide your face from me,
do not turn your servant away in anger;
you have been my helper.
Do not reject me or forsake me,
O God my Savior.
10Though my father and mother forsake me,
the LORD will receive me.
11Teach me your way, O LORD;
lead me in a straight path
because of my oppressors.
12Do not turn me over to the desire of my foes,
for false witnesses rise up against me,
breathing out violence.
13I am still confident of this:
I will see the goodness of the LORD
in the land of the living.
14Wait for the LORD;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the LORD.


(Special acknowledgment to Angie at Bring the Rain for her post for prayers for Joanne.  Also for the special inclusion of Psalm 27)



No comments: