Tuesday, August 24, 2010

My Offering of Worship

Magnificent Holy Father, I stand in awe of all I see, Of all the things You have created, But still You choose to think of me.

Who am I that You should suffer, Your very life to set me free, The only thing that I can give You, Is the life You gave to me.

This is my offering, dear Lord, This is my offering to You, God And I will give You my life For it's all I have to give  Because You gave Your life for me.

I stand before You at this altar, So many have given You more, I may not have much I can offer, 
Yet what I have is truly Yours.

This is my offering, dear Lord, This is my offering to You, God And I will give You my life For it's all I have to give  Because You gave Your life for me.

What a beautiful surrender to God Almighty!  To worship Him by giving Him my life.  It's what I give to God outside of being gathered at church.  It's easy to put on a front to others while singing "Lord I lift Your name on high".  It's easy to smile "I'm doing great, how are you".  It's easy to raise my hands as "I give my life to the Potter's Hands". 

Remember when Samuel went to Jesse's house because God had chosen a king from Jesse's sons?  Samuel looked at Eliab and said "Surely the Lord's anointed one is before him!"  But the Lord said to Samuel, " Do not look at his appearance or at his physical stature because I have refused him. For the Lord does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart."  (I Samuel 16)  

For so many years, I have looked at this passage and just saw the contrast of my looking at someone's physical appearance, but God actually looking deeper into their heart.  But, I've learned over the past several weeks that this passage goes deeper than just the "outward physical appearance".  There's only but so much that I can truly "see" of a person, and only so much someone else can see of me.  But yet, God sees everything.  He sees my life outside my church, my thoughts, my heart, my motives ... yeah, He sees my everything.
My life is my worship to God.  It's my words, my actions, my thoughts, my attitudes, my very most private moments ... every little detail of my life is my worship to God.  I only have one life that God has given to me.  This is the life that I worship Him with --- not just in song, but in every aspect of my breathing.  

I'm coming back to the heart of worship
And it's all about You
It's all about You Jesus.
I'm sorry Lord for the thing I've made it, 
When it's all about You
It's all about You, Jesus.

No comments: