Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Family Portraits

When I was a little girl, my parents would take me to have pictures at a professional studio. It was one of those "luxuries" that they saved their money for, and continued after my sister was born.  

Not a hair out of place ... the perfect outfit ... the "you will smile for this picture" smile ...
Whew-hoooo ... look at the birdy and say "cheese" ... look at the camera ... 
Hey kid ... what's so hard to understand about "smile" and "look at the camera"?
Come on ... we're almost done ... just a couple more ... 
 Okay ... 
 Smile one more time ... 
a BIG smile this time ...
okay, well at least we may have gotten one out of the 87 we took.

Well, Thanksgiving Day was similar to one of those professional portrait studio sessions.  "Dear daughter" decided that we needed to take a group picture ... 
G-G ... Grandpa ... 
my sister and her family ...  
the 'Joe family ...
Grandad and Granny.

So, out of the 192 pictures snapped (exaggerated? maybe not), 
here's some of the results...


1st Family Portrait with 4 generations

My parents with their grandkids

And add 'Joe and the great-grands














My parents & their girls


And of course, there were the out-takes ...
the bloopers ...
the cutting-room-floor negatives for no one else to see ...


Until now ...




























Okay, so I couldn't make the "out-takes" but so *bloopery* (not sure if that's a word, but I claim my Granny-privilege on making it up)

But, no matter what the pictures may look like ... 

this is my family and the people whom I know have my back.
I can call on them anytime -- day or night -- and they will do anything for me.
And I will do anything for them.

Life is good.


And this is the man God gave me to share my crazy journey of life with ...





So, whether he's entertaining Tag 
during a photo-session ...

 
 
 
 
Or he's dancing with his Princess ...










I'm so thankful that God chose to bring us together to share our lifetime ... 



crazy family and all :)






No comments: