Wednesday, January 18, 2017

The Honor of Veterans Day


I am quite late in my posting for Veterans Day 2016 ...
a day set aside those who serve our wonderful country in our great military.

I personally love reading of President Woodrow Wilson (in 1919) who set aside
November 11 as Armistice Day as our country was healing from The Great War
(later referred to as World War I)...
and then in 1954 (as our great country was again healing from World War II),
President Dwight Eisenhower issued the first Veterans Day Proclamation to honor those who not only served our country in The Great War, but also those who served to protect our Constitution in World War II.







 What a blessing and honor and privilege it is to live in our wonderful country...
never to be taken for granted.
Veterans Day 2016 was an honor for our daughter's family...
they were invited to sit on the platform at Arlington National Cemetery for the
Veterans Day Ceremony.
What an honor! So (like any proud Momma would do), I recorded C-SPAN as I watched to see if I could catch a glimpse of our kids (I know, such a long-shot)...

but I did ...



Our daughter with her "Jackie-O" style dress and sunglasses...
hand over her heart as she sets the example of her respect for our great country.
Words cannot describe how proud I was to see her at that moment --
tears flowed rapidly down my face.

And if you look closely in the right-hand corner behind the C-SPAN logo ... that's our Tag! And the dark shadow close to Tag's head ... that's our son-in-law Michael.
Lucy was actually sitting on the other side of their friend in the tan coat. 
(As an aside, their friend is on staff with a non-profit that does amazing work for wounded warrior families!)

I'll share another amazing God-filled Veterans Day story with you later ...
but suffice it to say ...

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you ...

Romans 8:28
And we know all things work for the good of those who love God and
are called to His purpose


Life changes with every second that goes by ...
2017 is Granny's year to live my moments

intentional


No comments: