Wednesday, August 3, 2016

A Gift at 10am ... 1pm ... 10pm

Today's "3 gifts" of Ann Voskamp's One Thousand Gifts ...





A Gift at 10am, 1pm, 10pm ...

10am ... By this time I have completed my gym routine for the day. I push myself to make a little extra progress each day. As a teenager I wasn't the most comfortable in gym class -- often sat out during any type of group sports yet always wishing that I could be more "athletic" or at least coordinated in class ... It wasn't until I was close to 40 yrs old that I was diagnosed with asthma ... my doctor asked if anyone had considered asthma as the culprit of my lack of physical education commitment ... not back then. Although it's been over a decade, I feel my lungs getting stronger as I journey into this stage of my life.

1pm ... My husband has given me the blessing of being a stay-at-home wife after many years of working -- Dan is my most treasured gift at all hours of the day. By this time of the day, I have had long talks with my Father and continue my growing in Him.  I see His creation that He has carved out for us ... and it is good.

10pm ... The day is behind me -- and "tomorrow" is in front of me.  I am ready for rest to prepare for His plans for another day. I am thankful for my little corner of the world where there's no traffic or noise to surround ... just the sounds of God's creation settling in for a restful night.



Everyday blessings are closer than we think ...
perhaps not wrapped in the package that we have anticipated

but they are certainly wrapped in
His purpose for each of us










No comments: