Monday, October 5, 2015

The Weekend Rain

Our weekend was filled with rain ...
 
the physical rain that we felt coming pelting down from cloudy skies above.  The rain that was overflowing the James River as well as washing away along our driveway.  The same rain that has left so much devastation in South Carolina ... the rain that will leave behind much work to be cleaned up during the months ahead.
 
 
 
Saturday morning ... the rain began.
Not the physical flowing from the sky rain ...
but rain just the same.
 
Dan & I had some errands to run Saturday morning and had just ordered breakfast at McDonald's -- he was getting our drinks & I was waiting on our order.  I turned around twice for no apparent reason ... and the lady in line said "Susan?" ... I replied "Johnna?" ... and then we started hugging each other ... one of my dearest childhood friends! We knew we lived sort of close to each, but ... actually running into each other at McDonald's????  She introduced me to her man and the 4 of us caught up briefly over breakfast. They were on their way out of town, so we promised to get together soon!
{PS - we're 7 hours away from our childhood hometown ... and I didn't think of getting a pic!}
 
... rain ...
showers of blessings ...
only God could have worked the timing for us to reunite at McDonald's --
we forgot to stop by the post office on our way to breakfast ... we had talked about stopping somewhere closer for breakfast since this McDonald's was pretty much out of the way of our errands ... we almost went to Home Depot before breakfast ...
 
but God's rain brought the 4 of us together at McDonald's.

 
 
So after they left, Dan & I finished up and were planning our errands.  Our former pastor came in and stopped by our table on his way out.  He was heading to the hospital across the street ... one of friends had an aneurysm in the middle of the night and probably would not make it much longer ... on Sunday Lee's faith in God-Almighty became sight as he was welcomed into eternity by Jesus' nail-scarred hands. Please keep his wife and family in your prayers during this difficult time.
 
... rain ...
memories -- comfort -- strength
only God knows the number of days each of us have on this earth --
how are we filling the moments God has given us ... are we His hands & feet to draw alongside of others through our journey here on earth ... are we reflecting His image to those He put in our paths ...

 
As I begin my week, I'm reminded of my New Year's post as we ended 2011 ...
 
 
may we all go through the week ahead of us by simply being
 
aware
 
I do not know what being aware will be for you this week,
but I do not want to take my moments here on earth for granted
 
anymore
 
 
 
Blessings for your week!


1 comment:

Karen said...

Isn't it amazing to look back at divine appointments and to think about how God planned for us to be here at this time in history for His purposes!