Tuesday, August 18, 2015

No Laptop ... More Painting

I have missed my blogging friends!  I'm still waiting on my laptop to be repaired & returned, so I am still "borrowing" Dan's when he's at the office (or at church meetings such as right now).  I know that laptops are laptops ... but he has an extra monitor,  a wireless keyboard and a wireless mouse all hooked to the laptop. This laptop also serves as his home office computer so it's hooked into his office server (and all that comes along with that).  It can be rather intimidating to this Granny ...
 
 
 
Long story short .... I know -- TOO LATE! -- I miss my own laptop!
And I miss my blogging friends!  I really do need to learn how to manage my time better and set aside a block of time each day to write or create or just pick up a hobby.
 
But, here's a little glimpse into what's been going on in my house lately ...
Yes ... more painting!  Our Home Depot has little sample paints that can be mixed to any color swatch -- and also transparency sheets that you paint on and then peel & stick to the wall to see what the finished product will look like!
 
                   
 
 
Since we were changing the color in the entry foyer, we wanted to update the light fixture. I sent Dan this picture and told him that I really wanted it -- he didn't buy it from me nor from Lowe's!  {By the way, it takes 18 bulbs!}
 

But, I do like the one we got {it was the first one we saw} -- my husband knows me all too well!


 

 
So ... my next project is the stairway wall and the small upstairs hallway.  Dan's already taped it off for me, so I'm ready to prepare the walls for painting.  It doesn't show very well in the pictures, but the entry is now a "Dew" color -- almost like a soft pewter ... the stairway/hall will be "Candlewick" -- a very soft yellow.  The little ones say that we're "coloring the walls" ... and we agree.
 
As I'm waiting on my laptop ... and painting and painting and painting ...
I have a couple of questions ---
 
How do you manage your time?
What do you do for you?
{hobbies, creativity, ministries, etc}
 
Hope to catch up with you again soon!
Have a blessed week, my friends
 
 

No comments: