Wednesday, July 8, 2015

The Lazy Days of Summer ...

Where are you, Lazy Days of Summer???
 
 Dan & I have been getting projects done that we haven't been able to get to for the past few years... so the "Lazy Days of Summer" has pretty much skipped our house for a while.
And that's okay.  We've actually been getting quite a bit accomplished ...
 



Dan has wanted for several years to lay down outdoor carpet around our pool deck... we are half-way there!  He & I laid the biggest parts down and then the weather turned too hot & humid.  So, the rest of the carpet will wait until cooler weather arrives.  



We've also transplanted some of our shrubs from the front of our house to our rock walls along the driveway.  It's been challenging uprooting some of these, so we are still "babying" them to make sure the roots get grounded in their new soil. 
 
 
And we've been busy creating a new look in front of the house ...
 



 
 
Still a work-in-progress, but our new landscape is taking shape! 
 
And then ... the inside of the house that has not been painted in about 14 years (we moved here on July 1, 2000).  So, we decided on some colors ... then changed our minds.  This is one side of the wall in our open dining room-kitchen area. Changing to a darker color is not as easy and smooth as I had wanted it to be.  But, the results are well worth every moment I spent up & down the step stool!
 

Tag asked if we could leave up the green tape because it is his favorite!  I almost hated letting him down...
it took Dan close to 2 hours to get the tape off. 
 
 




Now I just need to find a few new switch-plate covers. 


And we're already starting on the corresponding walls too ... new paint and a backsplash! We've never attempted a backsplash, so we are planning on several days to get that project done.  Thankfully it won't be too big of an area to cover.
 
I'll post some more pictures soon of a little summer fun with our little ones...
they had a spectacular July 4th celebration!
 
But for now, more wall preparations await ...
 
 
Have a blessed week, my friends!
 





 

 
 


2 comments:

LOVE, MERCY AND GRACE...GOD'S GRACE said...

Wow! You've been busy! And it's looking good!

Theresa said...

Beautiful work and lots of it! You inspire me:) I have so many projects around my home that I have been putting off, better follow your lead and get busy! Have a blessed day, if you get finished... come help me! HUGS!