Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Finding That "Something" ...

Over these past several months, I've caught myself saying what a hectic schedule we've had in our household.  And as true as that may be, it has occurred to me that I've been allowing something to creep in on me. Now, I'm not talking about something "creepy" ... but this thing can happen to any of us at any given time under any circumstances.  So, as I was traveling back from taking Lucy back to her house this morning, these are the thoughts that I have prayed about and actually wrestled with today ...
 
I will preface this post by saying this -- I am no expert.  God has given me this one life to live and quite honestly, there've been times when I have decided to ignore Him and His promises ... that I could "figure it all out myself" ... that I could "do it all on my own" ...
 

but ... I'm older now and hopefully a bit wiser as well. 
 I've learned over the years that no matter the circumstances I'm going through at the time, there's
"something" that's always there if I just open my door and allow it in
"something" that I cannot buy nor earn
"something" that can only be taken away from if I allow it
 
I will admit that it's easy to say that certain situations are warranted without this "something".  However, in my opinion as a 50 year old Granny, we do not get to "pick & choose" when we accept this "something".  Here's a passage that I know some people will say that I am taking out of context ...
and I agree. I am. 
But, it opened my eyes this morning ...
 
I will extol You, O Lord, for You have lifted me up,
And have not let my foes rejoice over me.
O Lord my God, I cried out to You,
And You healed me.
O Lord, You brought my soul up from the grave;
You have kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit.
Sing praise to the Lord, you saints of His,
For His anger is but for a moment,
His favor is for life;
Weeping may endure for a night,
But joy comes in the morning.
(Psalm 30)
 
 
 
JOY.  SHOWS.  UP.
 
JOY ... JOY ... JOY
is at my front door ... waiting ... for me ... to open ... and let it come in!
 
JOY COMES
In the midst of trials ... in the midst of enemies ... in the midst of warfare ...
 
JOY COMES!!!
 
The enemy does his best to steal our joy ... he distracts us from what truly is The Truth in our situations ...
 
 
 
And Nehemiah, who was the governor, Ezra the priest and scribe, and the Levites who taught the people said to all the people, "This day is holy to the Lord your God; do not mourn nor weep." For the people wept, when they heard the words of the Law. Then he said to them, "Go your way, eat the fat, drink the sweet, and send portions to those for whom nothing is prepared; for this day is holy your Lord. Do not sorrow, for the joy of the Lord is your strength."
So the Levites quieted all the people, saying, "Be still, for the day is holy; do not be grieved." And all the people went their way to eat and drink, to send portions and rejoice greatly, because they understood the words that were declared to them.
(Nehemiah 8)
 
HE IS OUR JOY
HE IS OUR STRENGTH
 
I know that sometimes it's simply "easier said than done" ... but I have a choice to make on a daily basis.  Either I accept ... or I reject.
 
That's it ... my choice
 
And that's a legacy that I want to leave my future generations ...
I want them to be able to say that "Granny chose joy" ...
and hopefully they will too.
 
 
Then Jesus said to them again, Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep.  All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them. I am the door.  If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.
John 10
 
 
OVERFLOWING
FULLNESS
OVERSUFFICIENT
 
Whatever we go through ...
whatever lies ahead ...
whatever is in the present ...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

DebPerryMullins said...

I LOVE this! Every word is true, and on my mind tonight as well.

Theresa said...

We really can't do it on our own, can we? God leads me and I am thankful that he loves me and is always there helping me thru the day! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!