Friday, April 10, 2015

On Being "Glad in it" ...

My oh my .... how busy life gets!  Not enough time to get "stuff" done ... yet too much time to simply procrastinate and "do it all later." 
I think one of the things that has been my downfall lately is simply ...
 
 
OUR LACK OF SUNSHINE

 
It is "supposedly" springtime here in the mid-Atlantic.  Yet ... this is what it looks like more often than not from my front porch.  I know ...
I know ... and yes I am reminded of Psalm 118:24 too ...
 
This is the day that the Lord has made;
We will rejoice and be glad in it.
 
There is always a beauty in each day that God has made -- created -- designed... for us.  It's always up to each of us to discover how to
"be glad in it."
 
And one of the days that God gave us to be glad in was this past Sunday ... Easter Sunday. My family during my childhood years had always been "traditional" on Easter Sundays. But with my parents as well as my sister & her family living over an hour west of us ... and our daughter & her family living 2 hours north of us --- well, we have simply adopted the "tradition of change" ... we simply "go with the flow" and see what the different schedules can pull together.
 
So, Easter 2015 for our family ...
Dan was working at his office (kind of blasphemy for some people, but when Easter falls in the hectic days of tax season... )
Jacqueline & Michael and the little ones went to church with me (then Michael had to get on the road to head back to the military post...)
Dan came home just after EB (you know, the Easter bunny from the movie Hop) had left Lucy & Tag's baskets ... just between us -- EB likes to leave his basket surprises when there's absolutely no humans lurking about... Jacqueline & Grandad must have given him a scare because EB left a trail of carrot-crumbs!
 


 
 
 
 
You know, we really do have so much to "be glad" in each and every day that God makes for us. Sometimes we simply have to "look" ... and then we realize that the "glad" has been right in front of us all along.
 

 
Looking at this same picture ... I see a tree full of buds ... and pretty soon all of those buds will bloom into some of the prettiest leaves and covering for our birds. I hear the birds singing at this very moment even through the dampness and the fog of the morning.
 
And our cherry tree in our front yard on one of our sunny days ...
 
 
And the hope of all that ...
 after winter, there's always spring!
 
 
 



1 comment:

Doris said...

The last two days were cloudy, drizzley, and COLD. Only in the 40's, brrr. I love how you looked again and saw what you missed the first time :)
Your family time sounds delightful....sorry your hubby had to work. But certainly understandable. Love the pictures of the little ones! They are adorable.
Bless you, my friend!