Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Thinking Tuesday ... On Being Tired

Today I am physically tired.  Lucy & I had a very early wake-up at 5:15am (my normal wake-up but with only a couple hours sleep last night).  We were on the road at 6am to go to their house 2 hours away. The 2 hour journey actually took us 3 hours ... and considering we were in rush hour, we were very fortunate that it took us only 3 hours (no stops along the way either).  Our daughter & son-in-law had a 9am meeting that was explaining their med-board process, so I was staying with Lucy & Tag for the couple of hours
 (which turned into 3 hours --- and we 3 had a blast!).
But ... Granny is tired.
 
But, it seems that all the adults in our household are all simply tired ...
 
This is a long tax season and Dan is wiped out.  He works at least 12 hours at the office and another 4 hours here at his home office.  It's now to the "stage of tax season" that he works 7 days a week.  We know it's only for a "season" ...
but Dan is simply tired.
 
Our kids are tired.  They've been on their wounded warrior journey for over 3 years now.  'Joe still hasn't gotten all the treatments that he's really needed.  They have been told several differing processes from several different departments and still cannot get any clear-cut answers.  They have been in an uphill battle (so to speak) for over 36 months ... they have 2 young children ... they need a vision of what their future is going to look like ... yet they keep getting conflicting information. 
They are flat worn out tired.
 
If ever we as a family household were tired ... it is now.  Or, as my Mother would say ...
we are worn to a frazzle
I'm not exactly certain what a "frazzle" is ...
but that's what we are ...
my household is that worn frazzle.
 
 
And so ... on my "Thinking Tuesday" ...
as I was driving back home by myself, I started pondering what it means "to be tired".  Now, I truly was focused on the traffic ... watching my speed ... praying for safety & protection amongst the fast-moving motorists who needed to get to their destinations the same as I did.
 
But I was thinking what God's Word tells me of my tiredness and how He can use it for His good.  Romans 8:28 promises that God will use all things to work for His good ... ALL things ... and I do believe that includes being tired.
 

 
Here are some verses that God brought to my memory as I came home today:
 
Matthew 11:28-30 ...
Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.
 
Romans 8:25-26 ...
But if we hope for what we do not see, we eagerly wait for it with perseverance. Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us ... 
 
Psalm 73:25-26
Whom have I in heaven but You? And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You. My flesh and my heart fail, But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
 
... and so many times, Granny gets this whole concept of 
my "tiredness" all wrong ... as hard as I try to do it all myself ... Paul reminds me
 
   II Corinthians 12:9-11 ...
And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
 
 
My Thinking Tuesday in a nutshell today ...
 
it's not me
it's not my strength
it's not for me to do alone ...
 
It's His strength working through my tiredness -- my weakness ... for Him.
You see, we never know who draws from our weakness or our strength. 
 Our future generations are looking to each of us as to how we handle situations ...
how we act -- react ... and WHO we draw our strength from.
 
And just as Joshua proclaimed whom he and his household would serve and draw their strength from ... so we do in our household as well:
 
As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord ...
 
 
 
we draw our strength from Him
we rest in His arms when we grow tired
we proclaim Him always
 
I hope you all have a blessed week.
 
 
 

No comments: