Thursday, June 5, 2014

Recital, Graduation & Swim Lessons ... Life is Grand

Our household has gone nonstop for the past month ... and quite honestly, by the time I sit down in the evenings, I am pretty much gone for the rest of the night.  We've been busy with dance recitals, preschool graduations and swim classes.  So, as I make apologies for not keeping updated on other posts from my dear friends, I will say that we are having a fun-filled kick-off to the summer season ...

First ... on May 16th Dan & I celebrated our "official" 30th anniversary!  God is so awesome in His grace and mercy ... we went to 
PF Chang's for a late lunch and had a little time to ourselves to celebrate us. 
I so respect and appreciate him more and more everyday.  I can honestly say that 30 years ago (as head-over-heels in love with him as I was) ... I really didn't have a clue as to what love was all about.  And each day I learn more and more on what "love" truly is ...

{Why yes, I did cheat a little ... 
our anniversary "selfie" was not to my liking of me so I threw in another "Island" pic}

The day after (on May 17th), Lucy had her first dance recital performance of the weekend ... 
her tap class danced to The Good Ship Lollipop ... 
{and GG & Grandpa even came over just as they did for Lucy's mommy's activities & recitals!}


 
 






And this week, Tuesday June 4th, Lucy graduated from preschool!!!  
Dan & I are now the proud grandparents of a Kindergartner! 


God has some mighty plans for this little girl ... we are so very proud of her!!!



And also this week ...

swim lessons began for Lucy & Tag ---




Tag is as fearless as Lucy is apprehensive ... but she has done so great this week! Today was her 4th lesson & she was even volunteering to go first at just about everything her instructor was doing. 
 And she even had a surprise visitor today to help calm her nerves ...




Each passing moment I love and admire him more & more!
He makes time in his busy day to come watch his grandbabies at swim class!

 Busy household ... 
busy with our grandbabies ...

I plan on catching up on my reading this weekend and cannot wait to see what my dear blogging friends have been up to as well!


~~~ Have a blessed weekend my friends ~~~

And ... whenever you have to choose ---

always choose family ...

time passes by fast enough and a new blog posts will always be in the works ---
but children grow up and grandbabies grow up way too fast!

ENJOY your family!
 

1 comment:

Theresa said...

I agree! I enjoy my family:) Love seeing this wonderful collection of pictures! Looks like you all are enjoying the start of a SURE TO BE fun Summer! Have a blessed day dear friend, BIG HUGS!