Thursday, December 12, 2013

Prayers for Grandpa -- My Daddy

Asking my wonderful blogging friends for some special prayers tonight.  My Daddy had a heart attack today with 100% blockage to his main artery.  He is 75 years old and still is in charge of setting aisles in a major grocery store chain.  Here's how the heart attack process happened over the past few weeks ...

Daddy works several days a week lifting 50 lb. bags of dog food, slinging cases of water bottles --- basically resetting and stocking any aisle that is in need at the store.  For the past several weeks and even few months, he's been extremely tired & his arthritis has been really bothering him -- to the point to where he couldn't hardly move. So today it all caught up to him ...

He wasn't suppose to work this week, but was filling in for another colleague at another store.  He got sick and began dripping in sweat.  The store office called the rescue squad who came very quickly, and then the store called my Mother to tell her that Daddy was going to the hospital via rescue squad. Oh, and Daddy had told the store clerk to tell my Mother not to bother to come to the hospital because there was no point to do that. So, my Mother called me (2 hours away from them) but for the first time my phone was on silent as I had lunch with a dear friend of mine.  Finally, Mother & my sister made it to the hospital where they asked where Daddy was being treated or even his room number.  He could not be found -- anywhere in that hospital.  Evidently the rescue squad had bypassed the emergency room and went straight to the lab for the stint insertion. So, after about 30 minutes, Daddy sent a text to my sister's cell phone that he had had a heart attack and gave her directions how to get to his room --- only my Daddy.  Oh --- and in the middle of the paramedics getting him on the stretcher at the store, Daddy starts shouting out orders on where to stock the frozen peas.  Oh Daddy ... oh Daddy.

I'll be going over tomorrow to see him and take him the card that Lucy made for him ...



And please remember my Mother too ... this is a very stressful time for her as well.  They've been together for over 50 years.  And their children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren love them very much.









No comments: