Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The Milestone Weekend

My milestone birthday has come & gone.  I know that "48" technically does not constitute a milestone ... but it does for me.  Click here to see why   
This birthday sort of marked my rite of passage.  It was a day (and week leading up to) for me to reflect ... to celebrate ... and to look forward.  
If I would describe the whole week & birthday, I would have to come back to my one-word ...

aware

You can CLICK HERE to find out the significance of this five-letter word to me.  
It has truly been a God-driven year. He has given blessing after blessing and the year isn't even over yet ... how awesome He truly is!

So, Friday morning, August 24th, began as any other morning.  Grandad & I went for breakfast (no protein bars, but a special McDonald's birthday breakfast of my choice) ... I went to the gym afterwards (I know ... seems counterproductive) ... and when I came home ... 

Lucy turned around from the counter as she was eating her breakfast and declared (to the top of her little lungs)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GRANNY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh how grand that was to hear her! She was giggly, smiley & just so gosh-darned cute! 
(Yes, I'm like every other Granny in the universe ... I have the cutest grandkids ever!)

Blessing after blessing ... Facebook messages, phone calls, text messages, emails ... all a small portion yet an enormous dose of God's bountiful grace.  
My family treated me to a wonderful dinner at P. F. Chang's (and our kids took the bill before Grandad could even get his wallet!) 

Here is just a small glimpse into how blessed I am to have reached my milestone ...
























God is the God of memories ... 
God is the God of looking forward ...
God is the God of milestones ...

I am truly blessed indeed.

So whatever "milestone" you, my reader, may be facing ...
let me assure you that God is already there for you with abundant blessings .

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

How adorable! What a blessed way to make a marker of a milestone birthday.

No wonder you've got a "LOVE GRANNY" blog. Those pictures tell it all!

Susan said...

Thank you, "Sassy Granny"! These little ones make everyday an adventure for their Granny :)