Thursday, August 2, 2012

A Voice Within the Silent Ranks

 The Silent Ranks
Author Unknown

I wear no uniforms, no blues or army greens
But I am in the Army in the ranks rarely seen.
I have no rank upon my shoulders - salutes I do not give
But the military world is the place where I live.
I'm not in the chain of command, orders I do not get
But my husband is the one who does, this I can not forget.
I'm not the one who fires the weapon, who puts my life on the line
But my job is just as tough, I'm the one that's left behind.
My husband is a patriot, a brave and prideful man
And the call to serve his country not all can understand.
Behind the lines I see the things needed to keep this country free
My husband makes the sacrifice, but so do our kids and me.
I love the man I married, Soldiering is his life
But I stand among the silent ranks known as the Army Wife.


I follow several military spouses on Facebook & my blog roll.  (As of now, all the spouses are wives) She is a warrior herself who stands beside her husband-in-uniform and serves our country alongside of him.  She keeps the home-front while her soldier is out in the field ... whether deployed overseas or deployed stateside (unaccompanied orders) ... or stationed on a military base anywhere ... no matter the rank, no matter the branch, no matter the assignment.  She & her fellow mil-spouses are "the silent ranks".

Silent

no rank, no orders, no MOS

Silent  


Yet ... numerous times they have to be heard.  They must be the voice of their soldier & their family.  They are on the front-lines.  I've said it before & I will repeat ... I want these ladies to have my back.  When they hear the words "you are so strong"  --- they may look confused, in disbelief, or taken aback.  Most of them do not see themselves as we "outsiders" see them.  Nevertheless (in Granny's opinion), they are strongest people on the face of the earth ... along with their military kids.

I've given you some insight into our family and especially everything that's been happening since last Easter ... Mrs. Joe's miscarriage, Joe's deployment, Tag's birth, the explosion, Walter Reed.  As you can imagine, our daughter has been busy (to put it mildly) over these past 6 months so has only posted a couple of times since Tag's birth.  Well, now that their family is settling back in at home, she is blogging again with updates from these past months.  

Below is the link to her "Part One" post reliving the first days & hours of hearing of her soldier being wounded in action.  Now, there is "Part Two", so be sure to link into her overall blog after you read "Part One".  You will find an amazing story of what she felt and had to deal with just 11 days after giving birth to her baby boy ... the son whose Daddy  was supposed to meet when he came home for leave within a matter of days.  And she had to hold it together for their 3 1/2 year old daughter who was doubly ecstatic over her baby brother & anxious for "my Daddy the soldier" to come home from his work to spend time with her.  So much to process ... so much to absorb ... so much to hold together.  And yes, one of the strongest people I know.  

I know that she would love to have you stop by & read about her family.  Feel free to leave her a message & let her know that her Mommy sent you.  She definitely is one of a kind.  And her Daddy & I are so proud of the woman that God has lead her to be.  

Our daughter ... Mrs. G. I. Joe





ACU's, Stiletto Shoes, and Pretty Pink Tutus: The slow descent...Part 1: This is my first attempt at "filling in the gaps." Everything that happened after my first post about the explosion is mostly a blur. But ...

No comments: