Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Because He is Able

For the past month I have read many "thankful" posts from our blog community, Facebook and Twitter.  From the life-changing to the everyday smallest blessing ...  from life's very breath to the life-changing circumstances ... from the heartfelt to the seemingly mundane.  It seems (to me) that we are becoming evermore aware just how blessed we are from our Abba Father.  I too have a growing list of what I am most thankful for.  But somehow I can't seem to put into words all of my thankfulness. 

Instead, my focus has been on just one aspect of God ... just one of Almighty God's traits ... just one attribute of His all-mighty power.  My heart & soul have been saturated in this one aspect of our Heavenly Father all week.  And it's through this aspect that I have bountiful blessings ... an abundant life ... a life of thanksgiving.  


God is able to bless ... love ... comfort ... transform ... forgive ... encourage ... soothe ... restore ... save ... guide ... heal ... see ... transcend ... revive ... renew ...  God is able.


As I prepare to enter this Thanksgiving season (everyday of my life), I am reminded that it's through my Almighty Abba Father that I am given my bountiful blessings.  And He defeated the grave to give all of us eternal life.  What greater blessing is there?  And I am thankful.

God is able ... He will never fail ... He is Almighty God
Greater than all we seek ... Greater than all we ask ...He has done great things.

Lifted up ... He defeated the grave
Raised to life ... Our God is able
In His name ... We overcome
For the Lord Our God is able.

God is with us ... God is on our side ... He will make a way
Far above all we know ... Far above all we hope ... He has done great things.

Lifted up ... He defeated the grave
Raised to life ... Our God is able
In His name ... We overcome
For the Lord Our God is able.

God is with us ... He will go before
He will never leave us ... He will never leave us
God is for us ... He has open arms
He will never fail us ... He will never fail us.

Lifted up ... He defeated the grave
Raised to life ... Our God is able
In His name ... We overcome
For the Lord Our God is able.

For the Lord Our God is able
For the Lord Our God is able.

2 comments:

Susan Evans said...

That was a beautiful song. I'm thankful to serve an all-powerful God. Happy Thanksgiving!

Unknown said...

I'm stopping by from the Thanksgiving hop and I am following you. I'd love if you'd stop by my blog too! Happy Thanksgiving.

Joanna

http://joannalife.blogspot.com