Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Social Media: My New Respect

Facebook ... Twitter ... blogs ... CaringBridge ... emails ...
I'm learning with each passing day that social media may not be such the enemy that I had prematurely thought. The past week has given me some new respect for this main-stay in my life. Here's some of what I've come to realize that I can do:

~~~ Review headlines from sites of my choosing

~~~ Engage in real-time 'conversations' with my friends at any given time

~~~ Share pictures of my family through albums/wall photos and don't have to worry about acid-free paper/albums

~~~ Pray for friends who are hurting

~~~ Enjoy doing something new

~~~ Connect with people whom I've lost touch with over the years

~~~ Touch people's hearts by listening to theirs

These are just a few ways that I have new respect for the social media that has crept upon me. I want to challenge myself in this media aspect to utilize social networking as a means to connect and share with others. My 'community' grows smaller everyday as I expand my acceptance and participation in our world of social media.

I joke with Granddad that my desired career is to be a hermit. But that's not what God put us on this Earth for. We need to fellowship and build relationships with others so that we can collectively and individually worship Him. We weep with them who weep; and rejoice with them that do rejoice. And Where two or more are gathered in my name, there I am also. God can work in the social media realm ... it's just up to us to allow Him to use it in whatever way He sees fit.

2 comments:

Beth said...

I love that you are blogging, Susan!!!! Great site - keep it up!

Jesus follower,Wife, Mom, Friend, and any one of a thousand other roles on any given day said...

Isn't it great that God has given us a new way to 'keep in touch' without ever having to leave our house? Love it!