Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Monday morning God-moment Part 2

Prescript --- I probably should explain that Lucy has been cutting her eye teeth, so she has been in a lot of pain lately. Her nap schedule is changing and she is in another growth spurt. So there's a lot of changes and growing going on right now.  Sweet little baby-girl.  It really tears us grandparents when our little ones are in pain.


Now, to continue my Monday morning God-moment --

Not only did God have Kutless on the radio as soon as I turned it on, but He also had another blessing for me (with only one song in between).  When I first heard Tenth Avenue North's Hold My Heart a few months ago, I connected to it.  Sometimes we just don't have much left to give to God.  But we have just enough to question Him   how long must I pray to You    and   how long must I wait on You?  ...  if You're everything You say You are, could You come close and hold my heart?  To some, that may seem like we're testing and tempting God.  Giving Him an ultimatum ... even being sarcastic.  But I don't look at it that way at all.  I believe that God understands that there's some things we go through that are just too much for us to handle on our own.  We have to hit the point where there's no other way to look but up to Him.  I really never knew what affect this one song would have on me until this past month.  Could the Maker of the stars hear the sound of my breaking heart? ... So many questions without answers, (but) Your promises remain ...  God is close and is waiting ...







 

No comments: